WCTB Board Secretary Judy Attebury and I opened the nominations that came into the office last month. The following were nominated and will appear on the ballot:
- James Baker, manager of America’s Best Inn
- Anna Bordenave, co-owner of Oakridge Manor Bed and Breakfast
- Barb Lomax, Barb Lomax, manager of Hampton Inn
- Ashok Patel, co-owner of America’s Best Inn
- Robert Toupal, former owner of Toupal’s Country Inn
Ann Hindman and Greg Triplett were also nominated, but since they are already on the board as lodging representatives and their terms are not up they will not be listed on the ballot.
All lodging facilities in Williamson County who are current on their county bed tax will receive ballots. A check was made this afternoon. Ballots will go into the mail tomorrow morning and are due back in the office by May 27, 2008.
The ballots will be opened during the regular board meeting scheduled for noon on May 28, 2008. The new terms begin at the June meeting.
Two seats are up this year among the seven lodging representatives on the 19-member board. Those two seats are currently filled by Anna Bordenave and Barb Lomax.